December Daily 2013…
Yes, you read that right, 2013…. but, aren’t we getting ready for December Daily 2014? Yes… OK full disclosure, I finished my 2013 December Daily… on October 5, 2014. Yes, 9 months later I finally finished it. And boy, does it feel good to get that project off my work table. Honestly, it took a few uninterrupted hours that weekend to pull it all together, at the end of the day, it really did not take that long
So what worked and what didn’t as I get ready to document December 2014?
- Not focusing on taking a photo a day, some days didn’t have a dedicated photo, some photos I just tucked in anywhere.
- Printing photos at home/local photo printing…. I’d planned out the album/photo sizes with post-it notes in December/January so I knew what photos needed to be which size.
- Using “themed” products… Last year I fell in love with the “Reflections Christmas” line by Lori Whitlock for EP Designs… because I also work digitally, I was able to purchase the digital package that matched the paper products.
- Adding words and embellishments onto the photos before printing
- The 6×8 format with multiple options for page protectors…. Love this size, it’s perfect for a project like this.
- Transparent elements…If I hadn’t been so behind, I would have used my silhouette to cut things out.
- Actual “Stuff” this format was perfect for everyone’s Christmas lists folded and tucked into a full 6×8 page protector. Also lots of drawings and programs punched and put right in or pasted onto cards.
What I used most of:
*Paper….love love love paper, a lot from the line and some I had in my stash that coordinated. I basically bought one or two sheets of every design plus a 6×6 paper pad.
*Brads…some that I bought that coordinated with the line and some I had
*6×6 paper pad… Loved working with this! The scale is just right for the smaller pockets
*3×4 and 4×6 “cards” that coordinated w the line… I’d purchased 12×12 sheets of paper that had 3×4 and 4×6 cards to cut apart…used a lot of these for journaling.
*Digital Dates from Ali Edwards on the photos to identify those from specific dates. I changed the colors to match the colors of the products. Love doing this.
*Card stock and regular stickers from the line
What I didn’t use at all…
*Stamps, did not stamp one thing. The girls had even bought me a cute santa stamp for my birthday to use but I never even thought to pick it up….can use it on a layout but honestly, I just don’t think I’m really a “stamping” kind of gal.
*Rub-ons, had some cute gold stars pulled but never used them.
*Wood veneer which I love the look of but totally forgot to include.
*Washi tape and ribbon…two of my faves but just couldn’t seem to work them in!
Notes for next time…
*Definitely pick a themed product line with a lot of stuff and buy strategically. I have tons of extra stuff…. will look for papers, journal cards, brads, stickers and other dimensional items. I’m hoping that October Afternoon with have an awesome vintage Christmas line this year.
*Print at home/local worked great.
*Using the 6×8 album format…will be my go-to again this year.
*Taking lots of photos so I have lots to chose from…I will say I’ve been taking less photos as I’ve been involved in doing more things!
*Organize my silhouette cut files and files I can convert so I can easily find and use them!
Today is the Friday after Thanksgiving and I’m just getting started working on DD for 2014, tomorrow is a quick trip to my local scrapbooking store and then some strategizing and setting up the album in between tree trimming, house cleaning and Patriots game hosting! I’ll keep you posted on the progress!
One thought on “Memorykeeping::December Daily 2013…and notes for this year”
Great post! Thanks so much for the tips.