How many times have we said that?? Come on, raise your hands, I know you are out there. It seemed so easy.
Me: Hey honey, I decided I want to use my birthday money from your folks to help pay for a new worktop for my studio, can we go to Ikea and pick up the new furniture for my studio? Charlie: Sure!
That was the easy part. Actually, I should say going to Ikea and actually getting the stuff, easy peasy. I had made a list of what we needed. I’d even mapped out the entire project step by step. Yay for organized! We brought everything home and put it all together in a few hours. Looked great!! Of course it did, fit just like I’d planned. So excited to have drawers! So many I’m not even sure what I’m going to put in them (ha ha ha). On my list of things to do was to clear out the shelves and re-organize them, and take down all my notes on the wall from 2015. Yay organizing project. In addition to cleaning out, I found $6, and a bracket for the shade I would like to hang on the driveway side window (hopeful bracket #2 will turn up soon), and I cleaned. I am going to swap the workstations with sewing on the right with the ironing board behind me and computer/memorykeeping on the left. All was going swimmingly, until the subject of this came up… and yes, people I went down that path. I thought I’ll just put a coat of poly on the top so I don’t mess it up. Um no…. old poly, wrong brush means took for.ev.er. to dry and didn’t cover well. One new fresh can of poly later (read on the This Old House blog you should toss poly after it’s been open for a year….yeah, that can came from our old house 😉 ) here we are. Looks much much better!! Dried perfectly, nice and smooth, full coverage (just a tiny bit of fine steel wool polishing will happen today) All ready to go! Put the stuff back in that’s been junking up the upstairs hall. So excited, can’t wait to work on one long continuous counter, spread out my fabric or my projects, a home for the scanner and maybe the tablet, this is going to be great! Or not, wait, it seems a little low for me. Get out the tape, measure, yup, the worktop needs to come up 1″ – 1 1/2″, and I need a big piece of something for on top of the cart to make up the space on the back that won’t be covered by the top, since I have to move it forward to the edge of the drawers (overhang = not getting into the back of those drawers) *sigh*
Honnneeeeee !!! I have a little project for you !
Pray for me…hoping to have this all sorted out on the weekend and be making stuff in here soon… this wasn’t going to be on of my 52/16 projects but it is starting to verge in that direction!
One thought on “…It was supposed to be a quick project…”
I envy you that lovely glossy worktop – may there be lots of creative goodness happening on it :).