Today is March 28, 2019. A lot has happened since I last posted, the world is spinning at an ever increasing rate it feels like. We are nearing the end of the first week of stay-home-so-you-don’t-infect-people here in Massachusettes. The news gets worse by the day. In the back of my mind, there is a corner that is in constant terror for my little sister who is a nurse in a medical icu unit that has just been turned into a covid unit. I have finally this afternoon put a name to the other feeling I have which is dread.
In an effort to not get sucked down that dark dank hole, I am keeping busy this afternoon scanning a clients slides. Having a yummy lunch of homemade knockoff Panera Autumn Squash soup. My daughter just brought me some yummy fruit smoothie she made and hubby is busy alternating working and doing laundry.
While the scanner is scanning (each batch of 30 takes over an hour), I decided to take a break from making masks to finish up a scrapbook layout that has been hanging around since probably 2014…
I had started a layout with this photo back then, didn’t like it, and there it sat in my unfinished layout folder …which we all know is the digital equivalent to that pile on the corner of the desk. I decided one of my projects for this year is to either finish/ re-work the layouts in that folder or delete them. This photo is from 2001 and seriously, don’t they look like they are conspiring against us?! Very happy to have made a start on a project that is useful and creative when we definitely need useful and creative things around us! The template is from this months Simple Scrapper templates and I think the kit is Just Jaimee’s Storyteller
I am thrilled that I am done with my December Daily project!! My goal was to have all of the digital pages finished by 12/31 and I’m one day and 4 hours early. I’m very happy and can’t wait to see everything printed up! I’ll be printing 6×8 photos from Persnickety Prints, love their quality and their service. Other years I have printed my photos at home on my photo printers but since these pages have such broad swathes of color, I thought I’d send them out.
A few things made this project very workable for me. 1- I stuck to one story a day 2- I stuck to (generally) one photo a day. 3-I took all the photos on my iPhone and edited them in Pic-Tap-Go and uploaded them to dropbox named for each day so they fell into order in the file. Then I could just access them from my desktop when it was time to pull the layout together in Photoshop. I edited 12 photos in one sitting while I was waiting for a dr appointment one day, v. good use of time. 4-I chose three kits and put them in one folder, I sorted everything and put all the papers in a folder, all the elements, templates etc…so when I needed a paper or a template, I didn’t have to hunt through each folder from the designer. about 2/3 of the way through I did purchase another kit that worked in with the colors just because I was starting to feel restrictive and a little repetitive because the kits I was using were quite small. I also had a good chunk of time this past week to work on the project, so that helps immensely!
I have made HUGE progress working on my album these past few days. I’m posting in small batches so as not to bore/overwhelm people LOL. I’m so glad I made the design decisions that I did, it has made focusing on the story much easier. Here we go…